Friday, March 19, 2010

Something or other

I got followed home the other day. By some idiot who kept pestering me for a conversation. He ran up behind me and i thought he was going to grab me, but he didnt. When i told him to leave me alone he said "oh i get it, youre just shy when men speak to you" As though he intimidated me with his fucking masculinity or something.. when in reality i thought he was a fat disgusting derelict but was too wary to scream that into his face, no matter how much i wanted to.
Im not really afraid of many things, but since then i cant seem to relax. I think its the not knowing of whether the guy was a half wit or a legitimate psycho.
I hate that he knows where i live.
I hate the weakness associated with being a woman, the physical weakness. Because really any man bigger than me, who really wanted to could overpower me. Im quite strong and I would fight back but the odd's would be in his favour .. and i hate that.
I hate that if some arrogant fuck starts talking to me and i ignore him or make it clear i dont want to speak to him, he will assume i am shy. inhibited. or just rude. When really all i want is to be left alone, to be able to walk down the street without some horrible excuse of a man looking at me, shouting things at me, fucking following me.
It makes me feel sick.
My old friend used to yell at them everytime something happend like that, but whats the fucking point really, it doesnt help, it just draws more attention to the situation.
So i suppose we should just keep our heads down, ignore it, hope they fuck off.
Its just not fucking right.
Noone wants to feel invaded, noone should be invaded merely because of their sex. It just isnt fucking fair but there doesnt seem to be fuck all we can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment