Wednesday, June 6, 2012

07/06/12

Last night I felt you for the first time, I lay on my back and ran my hand across my lower stomach to find a perfectly round little ball hiding underneath. I lay and wondered for a good hour if that was there before, convincing myself you were still too small to be felt so easily and this lump was my muscle or my belly still full from dinner. But as I moved so did you, as I poked and prodded I realised this was something I had never felt before, a new addition to my body. My baby. so we lay here like that - you still so tiny and unaware, me so in awe that beneath my hand I could feel you, that you are growing and you're ok. I know in a few months i'll be heavy and tired, youll be big and overwhelming, but right now just to feel you that way , to feel you for the first time, just us laying there in the quiet darkness, I couldve floated away into the sea of hopes and dreams I have for us all. I rested my hand over you, as I will every night from now and every night when you arrive, and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment