Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dream weaver.

I flew to L.A and it only took an 2 hours, we were in this huge house with steel doors trying to decide what flavoured ice cream to eat, turns out they were all variations of the same flavour which irritated me to no end. The mood was questionable because we were both unsure what we were doing there... We traipsed through this more than spacious mansion feeling unsure about it’s intentions.

The house seemed like an enclosed world, as though everything within it was separate from anything else in existence. This was both comforting and unsettling at the same time.

Suddenly the mood became very ominous and we knew there were ferocious Lions and Tigers outside the house (which by this stage had become a secluded fortress enshrouded in forest land) There was only one room with lighting and it reminded me of the movie Aladdin, warm golden light with a rich red splayed across the Persian rugs. We lounged amongst the huge golden cushions until the steel door protecting us started shaking and we could hear loud guttural growls coming from outside. Next thing we knew the giant paw of an abnormally large tiger wrenched the door from its hinges and was ferociously swiping at us. The Aladdin room was the only place I wanted to be so we tried to push the door shut and protect ourselves from the animal.

After a long time of battling with something we knew would never give up it’s head came through the steel door; growling, hissing and spitting... a cross between a living tiger and one of those old Chinese depictions of one. We knew this was no ordinary animal, it was demonic. We fled to the dark rooms that felt completely foreign. Everything was unknown and ventured into for the first time. The feeling of complete isolation engulfed me; I couldn’t tell someone where I am even if I wanted to...

The darkness was alive;sentient and suddenly it became clear that this had all been some elaborate plan, we'd been lured to this place where nothing else existed and the longer we stayed the further we were from reality. Nobody could hear you there and secrets didn’t exist because there was noone else around to hide things from.



The house was floating through space, before the creation of planets, matter, being. It hadn’t been built, it just was.

The tigers were the fear of the unknown personified. Strong, constant and unable to stop of their own accord. All that was left to do was run. Hiding in dark corner after dark corner, trapped in the expansive space that made no sense.



Suddenly I was at the airport; you had become really small clad in orange. You were someone else while remaining yourself and I was unsure who I was at all.

I had to find my family or something familiar before I ceased to exist all together.

The escalators were steep and seemingly endless, leading somewhere I couldn’t see. But this didn’t frighten me after what I had just been through. I ran up and up and up until my legs burned and my chest ached, tired and sweaty but still willing to get to the end of whatever this journey was.

Above me appeared a playground with a sea saw, merry go round and a bark covered floor. Nigel was there, but he wasn’t Nigel- not the one I’d known before, however I was too tired to question him. I fell at the feet of this new man and tried to sleep under the merry go round as it grazed the top of my shoulder with each turn. Nobody else existed, but I was too tired to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment