Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday

There was a slightly overweight, awkward man on my train yesterday, next to him was a small asian boy and his grandfather. The boy had a transformer toy that attached to his finger, it flashed with loud colours when he pressed a button. I was sitting opposite them.
The overweight man looked at the young boy with a nostaligc smile as though the boys joy was so understandable and the overweight man can remember feeling the same way about a similar toy when he was a small boy. It made me happy to see him remember, and i loved the quiet fondness with which the man looked at the boy. I may just have been tired after work but i almost cried watching them at that moment.
Everyone remembers things like that and it made me so sad that there is so much hatred and poison everywhere, poison that makes simple things seem inane or un-interesting... I wished we could all feel for something the quiet care that the boy felt for his toy and that the man felt for the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment